Enrollment processing is dependent on system responsiveness to enable efficient and effective processing operations, most notably during open enrollment periods.
The changing landscape of enrollment processing in the health care industry is driving the increased use of Business Process Outsources (BPOs). In the past, meeting CMS timelines were easier to manage with a direct workforce.
The inclusion of BPOs and the changing nature of those arrangements from lower cost staff augmentation to a pay-per-enrollment model increases the complexity of managing enrollment timelines and the BPO contract. The impact of application performance on an off-shore or remote enrollment representative can be significant and potentially result in per-application cost increases.
Through the implementation of Application Performance Management (APM ), aligned with the needs of enrollememt processing, Evidant's solutions allow executives to:
- Minimize risk to productivity caused by the system responsiveness.
- Understand application availability and performance from the enrollment agent's perspective.
- Quantify the impactof application performance
- both in terms of
- Total time lost due to application issues, and
- Business impact in dollars due to applications issues
- Provide a framework for setting SLO/SLA's for application performance expectations with a current or future BPO.
- Provide an engagement model to work with IT business partners about the impact of application availability and performance issue.
- Provide a framework to make infrastructure decisions.